Coming again to save the mother-fucking day...
After spending all of 2 minutes on the benefits of going on-call last night, I came to the conclusion that I shall not allow my night to go to waste. Which was why I only arrived home around midnight. Did I spend my time observing the sick little kids and tendering to them with my healing touch as I gained the experience needed to become a more competent physician? Of course not. I went to the movies.
Got a text from Yus, ajakking for a movie (White Noise) along with CT and his housemates.I thought to myself 'why not?', although I wasn't exactly keen on watching a horror movie since I live by myself at the moment. I now know that I was right - I shouldn't have watched it. I'm a fan of Michael Keaton, but that has got to be one of the worst movies I've watched so far. Almost as bad as Catwoman (whose only redeeming feature was Halle Berry in a catsuit). I kept waiting for a scary moment, or for the plot to go somewhere vaguely unpredictable, but to no avail.
And that explains why I watched Team America : World Police right after leaving the screen showing White Noise. The others decided to go home, since nobody was particularly keen on watching it. But that was a mistake. Team America is a hilarious satire on politics and Hollywood which had me laughing my head off. It's written and directed by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, so if you think South Park is disgusting and offensive, then don't bother watching this movie. Click on the pic for more info.

Personally, I laughed so much 'till I teared. The puppet sex scene, the 9/11 jokes, the satire on Hollywood's finest and the finale (in which man is classified into pussies, dicks and arseholes) had the whole cinema in laughter. I was still laughing earlier when I told Sweetie about it, and she seems genuinely concerned that I might not be quite right at the head at the moment. Bless her. Hahahaha...
Having already watched 2 movies, I decided to make my way to another one after Team America. Unfortunately, the only one that was showing at the time was Blade : Trinity. It wasn't as bad as White Noise, but Blade 2 was better I think. I think the director has a fascination for wrestling, 'cause a lot of fighting movies in the latter 2 movies were from wrestling, and Triple H was in Trinity as well. Besides the actions scenes, Wesley Snipes didn't have to do much except to keep an impassive face (i.e. show no emotions whatsoever, which shouldn't be too tough), make sure his shades were in alignment and to look cool while walking in slow-mo.
Had my first revision session today. Discussed a rather random topic that probably won't turn up in the exams but at the end of it, we were pretty pleased with ourselves 'cause heck, it was a Saturday morning and on most Sat mornings, I just keep warm in my bed. It's a bit early to start proper revision I guess, but at least with these sessions will force us to read up on appropriate topics that we might inadvertently miss and it should also help generate the momentum needed.
There was also a photo session for the GradSoc folks today. I went in, ate a couple of doughnuts, chatted with some folks, got a free GradSoc t shirt for myself, CT n Sweetie, got my photo taken and spent a few mins in town with Ninie n Nik. Some folks took the trouble to dress up for the occasion, but I thought I'd just be myself and wore a t shirt and jeans. After all, there's gonna be plenty of time in the future when I'll have no choice but to wear a suit and tie and say 'cheese' for the camera. Don't think I'm too keen on getting the yearbook though, since I already have the pics and memories of my univ life elsewhere. Will see how it goes.








<< Home