Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Snow

Woke up this morning to discover the grounds covered by snow. It was a pleasant sight, but here's hoping I won't have to suffer the consequences of all that snow turning into dirty, slippery slush. Don't quite fancy falling onto my bum again anytime soon.
I'm feeling rather lackadaisical. Which would explain me sitting here in front of the computer when I should be over at the admissions' unit clerking a patient. The usual routine of walking out of the front door, attending the appropriate teaching/clinical sessions, looking upon everyone with a fixed smile on my face, making meaningless conversations and riding the bus back to an uninhabited house suddenly feels empty and bland. Probably a mixture of lethargy and couldn't-be-arsedness.

I miss Sweetie, I miss my housemates. I'm slightly annoyed with them for not being back yet, but I do miss having them around. I miss the sound of laughter in my house. Somehow, the sound of my own laugh as I watch the telly has a rather hollow ring to it. I know I've got friends nearby, but I guess what I'm missing is the atmosphere of living in a house with folks you're really comfortable with.

Things appear pretty mundane, with my weekly activities being rather constricted and unflexible. It's almost as if I'm back in school, with a timetable to govern my every waking hour. Not to mention the fact that there's nothing in particular to look forward to each day. Can't help but wait for the weekend. Maybe it's just a case of a prolonged Monday blues.