Why?
In my Friendster page, I describe myself as someone who hates society in general but loves some people on an individual basis. Or something along those lines. And that statement still holds true.
Watched Fahrenheit 9/11 on the telly last night, also watched certain news items, read some websites and generally made myself one angry young man.
- A man killed for a mobile phone.
- Innocent civilians being maimed and tortured and murdered in Iraq. Why? 'Cause their lives don't mean as much as Americans'. Oh, did I mention oil?
- The American public being misled and deceived by their 'elected' representatives (I have to add that Britney Spears is one fucking idiot).
- Kids being raped. Innocent 5-year-olds whose main aim in life is to draw that picture of Snowball the Cat for mummy. And some fuckers decide that these girls ought to be introduced to their dicks.
- Man beaten up in a road rage. He died, by the way.
- Jews killing Muslims. Who kill infidels. Who bomb others in the name of Christ.
- Muslims claiming that the entire Western world is against them, and yet the bloody Sunnis and Shiahs can't get along. And of course, everyone's after the Jews. Who need to defend themselves by killing Palestinians who are heavily armed with rocks.
- MNCs ripping off everyone who can't afford to be ripped off.
- Holier-than-thou JAWI officials humiliating nightclub-goers (e.g. forcing one of 'em to pee in her jeans, commenting on their nipples). Can someone explain to me how the fuck is that Islamic?
- Money. Money. Money.
- Saw a case of a brother who raped his sister. Who hadn't even reached puberty. I had this intense feeling of wanting to strangle him. Slowly.
What is happening to our world today?
I am so fucking disenchanted. Why are things like this? How can God possibly allow this to happen? Yes, things happen for a reason and we can't possibly comprehend the meaning behind His actions but sometimes I think that's just a coward's answer to questions that we are unable to solve. Why won't He do anything?
I actually feel like beating someone up. Yup, passive, gay old me. And this is one of the reasons I have no sympathy for poor little rich kids. They should be bitch-slapped.
Deep inside, I do believe that He has His reasons, but is it too much to ask for some sort of interference? A sign? I envy those who have an infinite amount of faith and take things as they come. Dah takdir, tak boleh buat apa2. I can't do that. How am I supposed to enjoy a sunset when I know there's a kid in Ethiopia who can't do the same 'cause he's too bloody poor to afford Vitamin A?
Maybe I'm just being rash, or there's a build-up of testosterone. But I am afraid for my family. For Sweetie, for my friends. For my future children. What sort of world will they be living in? I doubt I'll think it's safe for them to play outside the house with their friends. After all, some old pervert in a trench coat might just snatch her away.
Some people might say that I shouldn't worry, I shouldn't write about this and talk about my daily lives. After all, who wants to read about serious geo-political issues that is so darn B-O-R-I-N-G. Yeah, it can be boring. But the last time I checked, we were more intelligent that cockroaches and these issues affect us all. We're being irresponsible of our duties as khalifah Allah (God's representatives) if we choose to pull wool over our eyes and ignore the atrocities that are being committed around the world. Of which many are wrongly done in His name. What's the point of living your life if all you talk about is how cute Brad Pitt's ass is or isn't-that-new-collection-by-Mr-Japanese-designer-so-like-wow??? Wake up and smell the shit.
I consider myself to be rather pragmatic and realistic, and even I can't help wishing that I'd wake up one morning to find out that everything that's been happening was a dream. Talk about escapism. And you know what? I haven't even suffered anything remotely close to the things I mentioned above, and I feel this way. This angry and fed up. I just pray to God to give the strength to those affected to carry on.








<< Home