Snow
After the warmest January in 15 years, it snowed heavily over the weekend. Not sure by how much, but it was at least 3 inches deep by my guess. Nothing compared to what the northeast of the States has been going thru recently, but heck, it was bad enough. I was smiling to myself last week when I saw some flowers blooming, naively thinking that spring wasn't too far around to corner. Guess Mother Nature decided to play her cards when it's least expected.





Was woken up yesterday morning by the sound of someone knocking incessantly on my door. Turned out to be CT n Yus, wanting to surprise me with a couple of snowballs. Luckily, I closed the door in time.
Joined them for a stroll, along with Elly. The abundant snow proved to be sufficient ammunition for quite a few snowball fights, the best of which was when we basically stuffed Yus with obscene amounts of snow. Picked Shanti up along the way to the park, after I had woken her up with some snow. Rather unsurprisingly, she wasn't terribly pleased but she got into the mood after a while.
Decided to exert a great amount of energy building a huge snowman. It's a pity I wasn't allowed to give it a good rugby tackle once it was done. My argument was it would melt later on anyway, but I guess it wasn't a convincing enough argument. Hehehe... The previous snowman I helped build was probably struggling to get past my waist in height, and this was a few inches above 6 feet, so we were pretty pleased, as the pics above show. The pics were taken with my phone (am quite pleased with them, actually) but the others took better pics with their cameras, so watch their spaces. All in all, we had a rather enjoyable time.
Newcastle was placed on red alert later in the afternoon, with a blizzard blowing fast and strong. But we were already in by then, watching the malay horror movie 'Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam.' It wasn't that scary, but it was as good as the reviews made it out to be, and it was definitely better than Puteri Gunung Ledang.








<< Home