Saturday, February 19, 2005

Medical Specialty Aptitude Test

Got this test off Elly's and Zana's website. A lil' test involving 130 questions (yes, I had nothing else to do) that will supposedly help you identify the medical specialty that is best suited for you. The results?

1. Occupational medicine
2. Physical med and rehabilitation
3. Aerospace medicine
4. Rheumatology
5. Anaesthetics
6. Radiation oncology
7. Emergency medicine
8. Dermatology
9. Pulmonology
10. Cardio-thoracic surgery
11. Endocrinology
12. Paediatrics
13. Radiology
14. Psychiatry
15. General internal medicine

What do I think of this?

Don't like no.1 and no.2, and I have no idea what aerospace medicine is. Anyone would like to enlighten me? Don't like radiology either (sitting in a dark room staring at radiological images isn't exactly how I envisioned I'd pratice medicine) but as for everything else, I've thought about them at one point or another. Notice that surgery doesn't make the list, except for no.10 which seems to be a little sesat.

Well, I'm nowhere near to deciding on where my interests lie, but it was a fun little thing to do anyway.