Weekend
It's been a rather bumpy weekend.
Started out ok with the arrival of a couple of Glaswegian friends, folks I haven't seen in a relatively long period of time. It was fun sitting around and chatting, although the best part was sitting around and indulging our palates in a meal consisting of Fried Kuey Teow, roastchicken and topped off by some homemade tiramisu.
Woke up the next day (yesterday) feeling kinda sickly though. Sore throat, slight fever,arthralgia. And a really annoying ulcer. Did I eat too much tiramisu? Possibly. Maybe it's the ice-cream we've been downing... M&S are having a 3-for-2 sale (get it while it's hot! or cold, rather...) on its Extra Creamy range. We've savoured Banoffee, Maple Pecan, Cookies n Cream and Double Choc Truffle. Yumm... It's more likely that I caught the bug from Ellina though, who was feeling rather poorly herself. But luckily, it wasn't too serious. At this point in time, I'm still sniffly and all, but I'm able to turn my head without having the impression that the whole room's being turned upside down. This is the first academic year in which I haven't been seriously brought down by the flu, and touchwood, it'll remain that way for the rest of winter. Funnily enough, it's also the first year that I didn't get the flu vaccine.
Despite the ill-health and an acute attack of MURSOS, I convinced myself to walk to town to get my new phone. Upgraded and changed my tariff recently, and although I haven't even switched it on yet, I'm quite happy just looking at my phone. Sad, huh? As R said, I'm a phone whore. Hahaha... He kept me company during my walk to town, and we had a long discussion about the state of the NHS, of which I shall not go into too much detail. Do I hear sighs of relief?
Got home, chatted with my tired Sweetie, and just laid down for a bit. Went thru some CN examination with Mq. Attempted to do a lil bit of my ethics essay. Surprisingly, I did manage to jot down a few lines, but naturally the bulk of the work has been left to be completed today. One certainly hopes so! I've got 'till Friday, but I intend to finish it by today 'cause Dr Prem has been kind enough to offer to look thru it and as usual, any constructive criticisms are welcomed.
Caught up with RH last night, and she seemed to have been in a rather chirpy mood! Which is good, of course.Felt kinda bad for having to postpone this weekend's session, but hopefully I'll be able to make up for it next weekend. She also told me the rather interesting piece of news that Nando's has a 20% discount for staff of the NHS, including students with a hospital ID. I guess that just means that I'll have to confirm this fact, although to be honest, I'm not exactly the no.1 fan of Nando's.
Anyways... I should get off to work. Actually, I should go find something to eat before my next prophylactic dose of paracetamol. Then I'll play with my phone. And chat with Sweetie. And then work! Hahaha...








<< Home