Comedies
Seems that I spend more and more time on movie marathons over at Odeon. Last night was no different. Got back into Newcastle comparatively early, and having already looked through the timetable, decided to rush to the cinema. Watched 3 comedies, of which 2 were sequels. And the third one was kinda semi-serious in nature.
And yes, I watched them alone.
Some of my friends have mentioned to me that it's sad watching movies etc alone. But I think I have a rather different point of view about that. While I do enjoy going out for movies with my friends, I don't mind appreciating a show by myself 'cause every once in a while, you just wanna do your own thing I guess. Not everyone wants to do what you want to - which is why I tend to go to museums or art galleries or concerts by myself every now and again. It's not much fun being excited about Dali and having your companions look funny at you when you suggest visiting his gallery. Which is another reason I'm lucky to have Sweetie... we both have our differences, but we make enough of an effort to take an interest in each other's little interests.
Anyways...started with 'Meet the Fockers', which was predictably funny. Ben Stiller is a personal fav, not to mention De Niro and Hoffman who're both incredibly versatile in their acting. I think Sweetie and I have gone thru 'Zoolander' at least 7 times. Hahaha... Anyways, nothing much to say about the movie except that it's pretty hilarious and I'm glad the first word out of my mouth was 'Ma'. I think.
'Ocean's 12' was good too. In fact, I can't decide which I preferred. The acting, plot layout, directing/cinematographic style was similar to the first movie, so if you liked the first one, you'll like this. Catherine Zeta Jones actually looked nice in this movie, which kinda proves the fact that a good haircut can make a difference! According to Sweetie, Brad Pitt is drool-inducing, but I guess he's got that effect on 99% of the female population. And I can't help but admire the clothes that they were all wearing...
'Sideways'...another one of those I'm-at-the-peak-of-my-life-but-there's-nothing-to-show-for-it-oh-God-what-do-I-do kinda movies. It's an occasionally funny movie about self-fulfillment, which would probably be more appreciated by wine connoisseurs. Although the acting was commendable, the movie was rather draggy at times and to be honest, I have no idea how it got nominated for an Oscar Best Film award. And quality like 'Passion of the Christ' is ignored.
Been enjoying Morpeth and Lynemouth. I mean, travelling's a bitch no doubt about it, but the people I'm working with are awfully nice and extremely helpful. I'm always taken care of and not forgotten in every situation, so although GP in general might be rather boring/repetitive at times, there's always something for me to do. I have no doubt in my mind that by the end of a rotation, I'd have learnt quite a bit and I'll probably buy them a box of chocs or something to show my appreciation. I've also come to realise about my reliance on coffee every morning. Without it, I'd be blurry eyed and nodding off but after my morning cup, I'd perk up and be a heck of a lot more alert. Just hope I don't get addicted to all that caffeine...








<< Home