Bits and pieces....
- Been watching some rather interesting bits of sports – Real Madrid V Espanyol was one of the better footie games I’ve watched this year, with both Zidane and Figo back to their best, the former scoring what has to be one of the goals of the season and the latter producing some of his trademark incredibly intricate footwork and surgical crosses. Been catching a few NBA Games as well, which I haven’t really been doing ever since my fav player, Michael Jordan retired. Haven’t been much of a fan since he retired, but as Em pointed out, EVERYONE was a basketball fan when MJ was in the game.
- Was disappointed to realise (yet again) that some friends do not always treat you the way you would treat them. But this was offset by the fact that another friend went out of her way to help me out, for which I'm very grateful.
- Reading ‘Deep Simplicity’ by John Gribbin. A book of the popular science genre that seeks to explore and explain the theories behind Chaos and everyday complexity in a language that will make it clear to those who do not hold a PhD in theoretical physics (that’s you and me).
- Discovering the joy of Marks & Spencer’s range of ice-cream, with the ‘Really Creamy Banoffee’ being the flavour of the week. Check out the stracciatella (aka chocolate chip ice-cream), which is even better than the ones on offer from Haagen-Dazs or Ben & Jerry’s.
- Enjoying reruns of Have I Got News For You, a British topical quiz show. Seem to be also enjoying David Dimbleby’s Question Time, where you get a bunch of rival politicians in a Q&A session trying to simultaneously woo over the studio audience as well as trying to not look too silly compared to the guy on the seat next to him. I have to admit that it’s amazing watching a politician talk for 5 minutes without actually answering a question. Respect!
- Currently podding to:
Piece of My Heart – Janis Joplin
Poison – Alice Cooper
Jesus of Suburbia – Green Day
Something I Can Never Have – Nine Inch Nails
The Gravel Pit – Wu-Tang Clan
Bowl of Oranges – Bright Eyes
<< Home