Beached Whale
I'm currently quite bemused by the replies to my letter that've been sent to M'kini, and the comments they've generated elsewhere. While I don't necessarily agree with what's being said, I'm quite pleased that debate is being generated. Gotta start somewhere I guess. I just sent in another one, which quite unashamedly is an attack on fundamentalist Islamic principles in M'sia, and I'm looking forward to that being lambasted as well. I really should be doing more proper work...
At this point in time, the girls of 102 Brighton Grove (except one), Mq,Yus and myself are moving about sluggishly as a result of the massive intake of lamb and chicken that were barbequed earlier this evening. Add to that mixture a fair amount of mashed potatoes and coleslaw, and you get a bunch of folks who're paradoxically 'high' on meat whilst simultaneously being slow and not wanting to do much. At the moment, we're even entertaining the idea of going clubbing, but whether or not that will materialise remains to be seen.
Yesterday was kinda crap for me. Nothing seemed to have been going my way. For example, the various teaching sessions/clinics I went to were either cancelled or non-existent. I also decided to donate some blood, but halfway thru my vein collapsed, thus putting the bag of my blood to waste and leaving me pointlessly anaemic. In town, I decided to print some digital pics off one of the instant Kodak machines, and halfway thru, the printer ran out of colour. Not the best of days.
Yesterday was also the last day I was attached to the RVI. Will be missing RH, since we've been partners in crime - from planning our study sessions to targeting all the drug lunches and looking forward to the various freebies! Looking at the bright side, I'll have Jo for company next, and we're also planning to restart our revision session sometime close in the near future.
Towards the latter part of the day, I was at least entertained by the sight of Jeremy Paxman grilling Michael Howard in the last episode of his series of interviews with the leaders of the 3 main parties. I would never want to be sat opposite Paxman and be grilled. He has managed to make Howard come across as a hypocrite, make Blair lose his cool, and worst of all, Charles Kennedy came out of the interview looking like an amateur. Kesian jugak la... but I'm a fan of Paxman, and it'll be most beneficial if we have something similar back home. At the moment, I'm looking forward to next week's Question Time, which will have all 3 leaders on the panel.
Tomorrow ought to be fun as well, since I'll be catching the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, courtesy of RH's free tix. I'm a fan of the book (which is highly laughter-inducing), but the trailers I've seen so far are a tad bit disappointing. Hopefully, my low expectations will translate to a better viewing. And if I'm in a good mood, then I'll be able to psyche myself up about moving over to M'brough for the next 4 weeks.








<< Home