Sunday, June 12, 2005

Late nights...

I'm sitting at Shanti's desk at the moment (her room's my self-proclaimed home for the next few weeks), telling myself for the 15th time that the complications of a diabetic ketoacidosis include cerebral oedema, aspiration pneumonia, hypokalaemia, hypomagnesaemia, hypophosphataemia and thromboembolism. But a few of things come to mind instead:

1. The info, and many others like it, isn't exactly staying in my head
2. I don't really give a damn about it
3. I'd rather prefer to go to bed right now. 2 late nights in a row (went clubbing last night with a few friends to clear my head) probably isn't the best of ideas.

The downside about revising at this stage is that not only can I not wait for it to be all over, but I keep on coming across bits of information that keep on raising the meter on the number of mistakes I've made in the data interpretation paper. Yes, I obviously haven't really gotten over it just yet, and I obviously need to be smacked across the cheek and be told to get a grip and move on.

The bright side of living at this stage of exams is that, yes, it's all gonna be over soon. For better or for worse. Best of all though, is the fact that I'll be having Sweetie in my arms in less than a week. I've already started making mental notes on where to go and what to do with her, and a not-so-surprisingly large number of the activities involve the consumption of good food. Haven't decided on the exact location for the celebration of our 1-year anniversary just yet, but the details aren't that important when the fact of the matter is that the company you've been yearning for throughout the year is right next to you.

Of course, I've got to pack things up and properly move over to the girls' place within the next few days. Thankfully, I've been receiving ample help from Yus and there shouldn't be too much of a problem moving the rest of the items when the time comes. As of the moment, the plan is to spend Tuesday evening in trepidation and Wednesday evening on moving the items. Although it might be cutting it a little close, I don't think I've got too many items for it to cause any delays.