Weechawawa!
As is the tradition with me and religious holidays, the weekend was spent doing a great deal of nothing. In retrospect, I realised that this was probably the first weekend that I had actually chosen to remain stationed in Carlisle, but I have no complaints as it was an utterly relaxing weekend and I guess we all need a bit of lazing around every now and again in order to get recharged.
The downside of having so much free time is that you tend to eat a lot. In the process, I have discovered that one of my favourite snacks is M&S’ stracciatella ice-cream sprinkled with M&S’ triple chocolate chunk cereal and a few slices of fresh strawberries. True indulgence, and I had to stop myself after my third bowl for the day. I have to say that I do feel rather unfit at the moment, and even more so after reading Adzim’s blog and his current fascination with all things triathlon.
I did manage to finish all 6 episodes of Star Wars, although it wasn’t done back-to-back. That’s probably a good thing, since I would’ve spent approx 12 hours 53 mins in front of the telly otherwise. Didn’t really watch much else, but I did manage to catch the video clip of Nizlopi’s The JCB song, which is absolutely adorable and can be watched here.
Watching Star Wars again (despite being told that it’s too mainstream!) does bring back fond memories, and it’s nice to watch the whole saga from a different point of view. I still stick to my earlier conclusions though – R2D2 is the ultimate hero in the entire series, Darth Maul did die like a motherfucker unlike Mace Windu and the romance between Han and Leia was done a heckuva lot more eloquently than the ‘what-the-fuck?’-inducing scenes involving Anakin and Padme.
Romance in everyday reality is so awfully complicated as compared to the movies. You find someone perfect (like I have), and you still come across obstacles of the shittiest kinds. I look at my dearest friends and the joy that they have in their eyes when they’re in love, and something comes along to smash and block the radiance and it’s kinda ironic to have such stumbling blocks when the only intention you have is to be happy.
I must admit that I’m a bit of a contradiction when it comes to movies. On the one hand, I love true-to-life gritty movies, where the good guys do not necessarily win and on the other hand, I love getting myself lost in otherworldly fantasies that may or may reflect the world around us, but is a form of escapism nevertheless. Probably explains why I’m into comics and fantasy novels and the like – it may not be all happy endings, but it does conjure up a world where not everything’s fucked up and you never know, the wizard might wave his wand in the next chapter and everything will be 'happy happy joy joy'.








<< Home