Hypothermia
Here I am sitting in the living room with the heater on, watching American Idol (yes, it does happen at times) with Elly in the kitchen frying some cekodok for us. Yup, I'm back in Newcastle for the weekend and am being thoroughly spoilt as usual. It's no wonder that I keep coming back every other weekend.
Was especially looking forward to this weekend, since it's been quite a long couple of weeks beforehand. Managed to buy a few b'day gifts (and receive my latest gift from Elly - the CSI episode that was directed by Quentin), collect my the comics that I regularly purchase and then some (Em was right to say that Forbidden Planet is aptly named), go out for a couple of meals and have a general wonder around toon today just to clear my head and get some fresh air. Only downside was being unable to meet up with Sweetie online.
Going out after being cooped indoors for a forthnight has made me realised one thing though - it's still bloody cold out there. And being the smart person I am, I left both my gloves and beanie back in Carlisle. Another thing that came to mind was the fact that Newcastle ain't that big - in the space of a few hours, I bumped into Nik n wife, Archie, my former landlord and Imaan.
It's with the latter that I decided to watch Lucky Number Slevin with, a pretty decent film that's has the feel of Guy Ritchie in his good days. Enjoyed the show, the company and the walk home which saw me accompanied by a scoop of ice-cream which was not the most brilliant of ideas in the freezing cold. But heck, I wanted it!
One thing I can't stand though is when people don't call up to cancel plans. I'm sure I've bitched and whined about this before, but it IS common courtesy to inform someone if you're running late/changing plans instead of making him/her wait for you and get mightily pissed off in the process. Maybe it's just one of those little things that annoy me.








<< Home