Sunday, January 22, 2006

Lazy Sunday

The plan to spend the entire weekend in bed did not really come into fruition, but I don’t quite mind. Having spent Friday evening going about the industrial estate with Karin to look at cars, I decided to take the last train for the night to Newcastle – decided to go a little bit earlier instead of just the day trip for a number of reasons.

Initially, my plan was to recommend the Honda Civic to her, but once her budget was laid out to me, we mutually agreed that the BMW 3-series would be a better option. And we were wow-ing and ooh-ing over at the sales centre, and I think it was then that I first caught sight of the 6-series convertible, which at 55k, was a little out of her budget. But looking at all the cars (we also checked out Mazda, Audi and Alfa Romeo) did make my mind go ‘wanna buy a car! Wanna buy a car!’ although the other, more rational voice in my head did respond with a monotonous ‘chill dude…’

Saturday was spent chatting with Sweetie for a few hours, being introduced by Shanti to the joy of one of Caffe Nero's cheesecakes and clearing up a number of items on the To-Do checklist, which for some reason also made me end up going back with about 20 issues of comics that I had somehow gotten into my bag. Someone had asked me about the amount of cash I spent on comics each month, and the answer of ‘I’m not sure’ should really be looked into by yours truly.

Went back to Carlisle, and I was rather surprised when Karin picked me up in a BMW 320, which she had apparently been given to test-drive for the weekend. Naturally, we all took turns driving it (I dare not go out of the hospital compound as it’s been years since I’ve driven a manual on a regular basis) and we’re all pretty much in love with the car that drives so beautifully. Karin’s 98% sure she’ll get it, and I think the rest of us will be doing our best to annul the remaining 2% of doubt.

The night was spent at a couple of pubs and a nightclub in Carlisle, as it was Omar’s birthday. Plans for an early night were laughed at as we arrived back at half 3 in the morning, and by the time I had my two slices of pizza and chatted with Sweetie, it was a little after 4.

Good news is that today was a totally lazy day. Woke up at twelve, saw Sweetie online for an hour or so and decided to write up a little on the trip to Spain. Finished Pratchett’s The Wee Free Men, which had me in stitches half the time I was reading it. And as I retire to bed now, I can’t help but smile ‘cause at this time next week I’ll be having Sweetie for company. As W2k said, I’ve had it made (for this month at least).

P.S. A happy birthday to Kudo and Jaja!