Thursday, January 05, 2006

Night 6

After a night of headaches and arthralgia, I went to bed around 9am yesterday and promptly woke up about a couple of hours later with a temperature. Tried to curl into the foetal position and prevent further body heat from escaping 'cause I was feeling paradoxically both warm and cold simultaneously- shivering and sweats aren't meant to co-exist in my books!

Having read medicine for 5 years, the first step I took to treat myself was not entirely unexpected - I called Sweetie to whine. Hahaha... Someone once said that men and kids behave more or less alike when they're ill, and I tend to concur with that statement.

At the moment, I feel ok-ish. Which is not very surprising considering the amount of paracetamol, ibuprofen and honey that I've ingested. There's probably a bug going around in the corridor, since Omar, Priya and Gareth were/are feeling ill too. And there's probably a bug going around nation-wide, as it tends to occur during this time of the year. Reem and Jo have only gotten better recently, and that was after a week of feeling down in the dumps.

Hopefully I won't deteriorate any further as that would definitely dampen the trip to Spain. I don't really want to spend my time sleeping in the hotel room while Radzi goes walking about Alhambra. In a way I should be thankful that my annual winter attack is occuring now rather than next week or the end of the month, but here's hoping for a less phlegmy (if there's such a word) tomorrow.