Evil eye
Here I am sitting in front of the laptop, attempting to sing along to Pupus, a song by Dewa that was recommended to me by Ellina a few days ago. Reading the news, wondering if Iraq will continue in its downward spiral, wondering the rationale behind raising the price of oil back home in a society that's guilty of excesses elsewhere and marvelling at the mystery of the giant squid (a 9-metre specimen goes on display at London's Natural History Museum today).
Today's the first time since the start of gastro that I was actually able to go home at 5, so I'm been skipping around for the past couple of hours. In my head, at least. The fact that half my ward is empty due to a D&V outbreak probably helped matters a lil, although it's quite a pain to wander around the hospital to check on my patients who're scattered elsewhere.
It's probably a mixture of too much walking around and not eating sufficiently/healthily (for various reasons) that has made a few folks comment that I've been losing weight. Even the nurses on my ward have said that my ass is disappearing. Which is not a good thing, I gather. Didn't really take heed, 'cause folks always say that to me (being thin, that is). Then I decided to weigh myself and was a little shocked to see the figure, so yesterday evening was spent stocking up on the healthiest instant food that I could get my hands on.
Yesterday was also Priya's b'day, and we celebrated in various little ways - dinner, cake, loitering. In that exact order, come to think of it. Of course she managed to run everything by falling down the stairs and accumulating a few abrasions and a sprained foot.
Also convinced her and Karin to go down to Newcastle to catch the M'sian Night performance, which I hope will be well worth the effort. Also planning to catch the gig in Sheffield, but first and foremost there's the day trip to Glasgow this Sunday to wish Mq a happy birthday. Guess I've got a bit of travelling in store, but best of all, I've received my ticket to go home later this year today, and I'm already thinking of stuff to do with Sweetie.








<< Home