Insomnia
It's been an interesting weekend of meeting up and hanging out with various peeps. Managed to finally catch up with Reem after all the delays, was cooked a delicious meal of various fish n vege dishes by Liza, met a few new folks as well as the usual hang-outs at Brighton Grove.
Didn't sleep much during the weekend either; main reason being the need to stay up to catch the F1 over at Melbourne. In the end, I think only Yusra and myself actually stayed awake for most of the race (and even then, we slept the least for some reason), although we had to wake each other up at various exciting bits of the race (it was definitely an exciting race, with the safety car having to come out for 4 times). Was kept awake during the first night with an extremely extended game of Monopoly, wherelse the second night saw Yusri introducing us to 'Bomberman', a PS2 game that saw the 2 Yus' being extremely adept at bombing everyone else. Yours truly managed to bomb himself more than anyone else, and that was duely reflected in the score.
Sweetie was spending the weekend with her family over at Sabah, and I could only drool at the news of the various seafood she was filling up on. Can't wait to get home to share all the good food with her, and chances are, time's gonna fly by before I know it. It's a pity she didn't climb up Kinabalu, but I guess that means we can do so sometime in the future. Will have to get a lot fitter though, since climbing Bukit Larut used to be a chore!
Was annoyed with MAS cancelling their flights to Manchester (am also annoyed with them laying off 6500 workers when the main reason they lost so much money can be pinpointed to the upper management but I won't go on about it) 'cause it pretty much screws up my plans to get back in time. There is a downside to planning things early, apparently. Thankfully, my outgoing flight won't be affected, but on the way home, I'll probably have to stay over at W2k's place for a bit. If all goes well, I'll arrive at the Infirmary at 0730 and will start work at 0800. Maybe I should call in sick then. Hmm...








<< Home