Friday, November 26, 2004

Thick book

I'm sitting on a chair in Mocque's room, making full use of her laptop as she sits next to me reading The Pathologic Basis of Disease by Robbins and Cotran. That's a 1500-page book about pathology that I would NEVER consider reading, let alone buying. Just goes to show how rajin some people can be. Baru 3rd year pulak tu... I can imagine making use of that book in the event of meeting a burglar. Terus pecah kepala. At this point, mocque has just pointed out that she's considering returning the book (which I will strongly urge her to do) and she's also stressing the fact that the curriculum in Glasgow is rather peculiar. Have to agree with that point as well.

Anyways, as you may have guessed, I'm in Glasgow. Mocque's place is simply amazing, it's even got an en-suite bathroom. Wouldn't mind living in a place like this! Arrived earlier in the evening, and was pretty astounded with the city at night. I've never probably explored Glasgow before, prior visits were always drive-thrus. But I guess I'll get a proper tour tomorrow. Had dinner with Mocque n Em, who were kinda stressed out. It was nice meeting up with the 2 (again), and I have to say I've grown rather fond of these two gals in big-brotherly kind of way. I find myself giving them all sorts of advice, and I have a nagging feeling that I'll soon get to stage when I'm just plain annoying...

The interview earlier today wasn't too bad, methinks. There were a few random questions, and I even rattled on a little about philosophy. The consultants probably came away with the impression that I'm a good bullshitter, a quality that a doctor should have, I think. A total of 6 candidates applied for the job, and there were about 20 posts. I'd have to be really bad to not get it, I guess. Won't be surprised if that happens though! But even if I get the job, I wanna make sure it's the rotation that I want (which includes cardiology and anaesthetics in it).

Anyhow, I'm off to bed now...right after I give Sweetie a call. It's Alin's wedding today, and she must be jumping up and down with anticipation. Hopefully all goes well!