Living in an Igloo
Have I mentioned before that the weather here is crap? I can switch the heating on for hours on end, and it wouldn't make a bloody difference. The only thing that seems to keep me warm is getting myself wrapped under a duvet, with a hot mug of something whilst wearing a snowcap and some socks. Needless to say, this severely limits my mobility. Then again, don't plan to actually go out 'till Thurs - meeting a friend, getting a comic, watching a movie. In that order.
Birthday celebrations were great! Didn't do much at the end of the day except to chill with some friends, which is pretty much what I had in mind in the first place. Radzi was around, although I have to say I wasn't able to show him around much. He's been to all the places worth going, I think and there ain't much else besides eating and movies. Speaking of eating, I received some lovely Browne chocs fr Sweetie, and I'm still savouring each piece slowly!
Elly cooked a dinner for us the night before, which included a deliciously moist banana cake. Having her around is a blessing for both Yus and myself, although she'll probably tire of feeding us someday soon! Hahaha... Watched Passion with Em n Mq on the night prior to my bday (and with ninie yesterday as well - this means I've watched it 3x in a short period of time and can probably memorise it although I'm no closer to speaking any form of Aramaic) and was rewarded with a b'day trifle. The only bad news (which wasn't really bad actually) was that they were both going back to M'sia, so that pretty much put an end to the New Year plans we had made.
Chatted with Sweetie online for about 3 hours in the afternoon. That was the highlight - I'd like to wax lyrical about being able to gaze at beautiful her face again, but I'll just sum it up by saying that by the end of it, I was both sad and ecstatic for different reasons. Heck, I just feel so much love for this girl.
The only person who turned up to watch LOTR later on that night was Jo. Watching this movie is kinda like a ritual that I've been doing for the past 4 years...We (along with Radzi) chatted over some fried chicken and the Star Wars : Clone Wars cartoon as well. The others didn't turn up for various reasons, but that was pretty predictable.
And before I forget... do watch A Series of Unfortunate Events. Sunny's just adorable and Jim Carrey is his usual self (in other words, if you're a fan -as yours truly is- you'll like the movie) without being too over the top. And it's got a Tim Burton-ish feel to the movie, so if you like A Nightmare Before Christmas or Edward Scissorhands, this movie would do it for you.








<< Home