Random thoughts
Just a few random thoughts generated today...
- It's the penultimate day of my hols. Which means we'll be experiencing more cold weather before it gets better, and it also means my gray matter will have to thaw within the next few days in order to not appear as guy with a double-digit IQ when I begin my paediatric rotation over at QE on Tuesday. Not looking forward to it, but I did promise myself I'll start proper work once the hols are over.
- Proper work would involve not reading too many non-medical books. While I don't think I'll be able to not read a novel at all, I guess I can cut it down. Was about to read ''Thus Spoke Zarathustra' when I decided my brain might revolt, and decided to take it easy and read 'Prelude to the Foundation' (which I haven't read in years) instead. Nietzsche can come along later. Asimov is more fun anyway!
- I watched 'Patriot Games' and 'The Adventures of Baron Munchausen' recently, which had Thora Birch and Uma Thurman in them respectively. Was kinda amused watching them as kids, especially since I never did realise that UT acted as a kid.
- Also been watching a number of musicals lately, the movie versions that is. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, and last night we watched parts of Grease. I've always been fond of musicals, and I still get a chill down my spine along with a warm, feel-good sensation when a particularly good song is sung at pivotal parts of the story. I haven't watched the Joel Schumacher's take on the 'Phantom' yet, and it's partly 'cause I don't think I wanna spoil the memory of watching it live. Then again, if it's good, there's no harm done right? Anyone watched it yet?
- Been blog-hopping these past couple of days. I tend to read blogs of my friends usually, without having too much of an interest in the lives of those I do not know personally. But I have to the conclusion (albeit belatedly) that there are some rather interesting personalities out there with rather impressive literary skills. I actually enjoyed reading random entries from folks in Singapore right up 'till Pakistan, although I still have no idea what the fuss is all about over the Datin Diaries. Then again, it's probably the query behind author that's generating all the controversy.
- Received my supply of Ladies' Choice peanut butter with chocolate today. And that's probably gonna play a substantial role in my breakfasts for the next month. Yes, I know nobody cares.
- I'm supposed to start on a Medical Ethics essay sometime soon. Suggestions on topics anyone???
And now it's time to dine on some local English cuisine, the Doner Kebab.








<< Home