Harta Karun
Huda's in town, and we managed to get her to sing last night. Or rather, Elly n Yus lead the way and we followed! I guess the brief hiatus was having its effects! I can only imagine how the others will reach when they get back from their hols. And apparently, the bug has spread to Glasgow. Intercity rivalry on the horizon!
Coincidentally, I caught 2 movies about treasure hunts. Watched Tomb Raider (which I found disappointing when I first watched it, but the sequel was even worse...) last night, and watched National Treasure a few hours ago. The latter wasn't too bad. Kinda like your typical Bruckheimer movie with lots of action and witty one-liners. It wasn't as good as the previous collaboration he had with Nicolas Cage (The Rock - amazing movie!), but it's a good movie to watch on an afternoon out with your buddies. These 2 movies about treasure hunts seem to have a couple of things in common - Jon Voight and conspiracies involving the Illuminati/Free Masons. Everytime I come across the Illuminati, I chuckle and think of Jason and the conversations we used to have back in secondary school about these theories. Makes for a compelling read, these theories. Partly explains the success of the Da Vinci Code (I'm guessing the movie is gonna be pretty similar to National Treasure), of which a beautiful illustrated version of the novel is out. Almost bought it, but was put off by the 20 quid price tag.
Of course, the ultimate treasure-hunt movie, imho, is the Indiana Jones trilogy, and that's probable due to the trinity of Lucas, Spielberg and Harrison Ford. I'm biased, of course, being a fan of the works of the 3 of 'em. Wonder when the 4th Indiana Jones movie will be out? It seems that movies come in batches eh? There was the year with movies about Earth getting hit by objects from space, there was a year with lots of war movies, and now there're all these treasure hunts to look forward to.
Sweetie has finally received the stuff that I got for her thru Nads. Seeing her happy smile always gives me some sorta adrenaline boost. I love spoiling her occasionally. She's the kinda gal who doesn't expect her bf to buy her loads of stuff, and somehow, that makes me wanna do so even more! Within reason la... So here I am smiling and grinning away, quite the opposite of yesterday! And there's soto to look forward to as well tonight....yumm....








<< Home