Positive degree Celcius
I've watched lots of re-runs of That 70s Show and the Simpsons. 2 of my top 5 fav shows of all time. I figured it'd be better to stay at home and laugh my head off as compared to braving the cold and catching the flu off some stranger. Makes me sound kinda agoraphobic.
Today was a good day though.
The fact that it wasn't freezing outside probably had something to do with it. I smiled to myself when I got outdoors and not only was the sun shining, but I actually felt warmth in the air. Either that or the lack of a bone-chilling cold. Either way, perfect weather to take a slow walk to town and chill over a cup of coffee.
Watched Coffee and Cigarettes. My friend's dad said it was the best movie he had ever seen, but I think that's a bit of an overstatement. It's a movie by Jim Jarmush filmed in black and white revolving around characters having comic conversation pieces over cups of coffee and cigarettes (and for some reason unknown to me, all the cafes have chequered table tops). The 11 short stories feature quite a few notable names, but only a few really impressed yours truly. 'Delirium' had Bill Murray along with RZA and GZA (of Wu-Tang fame), 'Those Thing'll Kill Ya' had Joe Rigano and Vinny Vella in typical Italian-American mode and Alfred Molina and Steve Coogan were great in 'Cousins?'. I can appreciate the role coffee and cigs have in our lives (being a caffeine addict myself at times) and come to think of it, quite a lot of my social life revolves around a cup of coffee. Back during Ramadhan earlier this year, I remember scratching my head with annoyance 'cause I didn't have the option of sitting down for a cup of coffee and that severely limited my social options. Sad, but true. But I have this nasty feeling that Philip Morris is the big beneficiary of the movie. The writer also seems to have a fascination with Nikola Tesla, and for good reason too.
After the movie, I had a rather interesting conversation (over coffee) with a friend about religion and its various interpretations, after which I headed over to FP and got myself Gaiman's and Zulli's latest work, Creatures of the Night. Which leads me to now and the fact that I should be going downstairs to help Elly n Yus prepare dinner...








<< Home