T-Minus 13 Hours
It's finally over! Despite having doubts about it ever arriving, the end of the Finals is here and I must say, I'm feeling quite relieved. There's an absence of stress which I didn't even know was present until it dissipated into the air. Of course, it's slowly being replaced by the trepidation of awaiting the results tomorrow, but I'll take it easy 'till tomorrow afternoon. Here's hoping that the results will be positive for all of us and that we'll be able to drink and eat happily during the reception that will be held in our honour.
My long case was held at the Freeman. Spent the entire morning either trying to sleep or trying to take my mind off work. Can't say I was successful in either case. The long case itself flew by, and I was quite surprised at the speed at which time was passing me by. I had an elderly lady of about 90 years of age, who suffered from a stroke. I haven't actually read anything about strokes in the past 2 weeks, but thankfully some residual knowledge remained in my brain.
I can't say things went perfectly - I made loads of silly mistakes, and the examiners actually stopped me at one point and told me to repeat the cranial nerve examination I was conducting. But I think (and pray) that I passed, and if I were to fail this Finals, it'll definitely be due to the Data paper. Sigh...
I'm thankful for the patient and examiners that I received though. They were remarkably kind and friendly and helpful. I actually felt like giving the examiners a hug for being so nice to me. Whether or not they passed me is a different matter altogether, but I'm grateful that the examiners I had were encouraging instead of spiteful.
I'm off to unpack some stuff I brought over to Shanti's room from my place. Probably won't get much sleep tonight, but I intend to sleep during the flight back home, so no worries there. Just hope I won't stay awake thinking about the results...
P.S. If you hate the crazy frog that's on the telly all the time, click here.








<< Home