Home sweet home...
I'm back home!!! It's all hot and humid, but it's not as bad as I expected it to be. Probably 'cause I haven't really ventured outdoors much just yet. Woke up a couple of hours ago (around 4am-ish), and I'm putting this down to jetlag although I only went to bed around midnight, and I was dead tired at the time (having had next-to-no sleep during the preceeding couple of days). Oh, and I wasn't able to sleep in the plane 'cause of the fat bloke next to me who seemed pretty intent on invading whatever little space I had.
Of course the highlight of the past 24 hours is definitely catching sight of Sweetie's face as I walked through the customs' line. In a lovely coincidence, we were both wearing red, and we were both pretty red with excitement as well I think! Spent the next few hours with her, chatting and having a lovely cheesecake (I can foresee a lot of blogging about food over the next couple of weeks) and just wondering around enjoying each other's company.
I was quite happy when we sat in the car and I started to present to her the assortment of little goodies I had brought back from England. There was even a little t-shirt for Imai,which is probably too big for the fella. The climax? Watching Sweetie go speechless as she opened her b'day/anniversary gift. Well, she wasn't really speechless 'cause she shrieked at first, and that was followed by silence. Haha...
The taxi ride from Pyramid was a rather interesting experience as well. It took a grand total of 20 minutes, during which time the uncle and I exchanged views on a myriad of topics, mostly revolving around politics. It's always intriguing to listen to views from a cross-section of society, and this man had his own theories about what's wrong and right about the country. I agreed with him in general terms, only disagreeing with him as he was harping on about how great a nation Singapore is.
The family was surprised by my earlier-than-expected arrival (I had told them I'd be arriving today for a couple of reasons - wanted to surprise them, as well as spend a little time with Sweetie first). After a plate of hokkien mee and a few hours of chatting and exchanging news, I finally settled down to unpacking, and was surprised at the amount of stuff I actually brought back. For example, I had decided that I needed to bring back 4 pairs of shoes. Hmm...
Don't think I'll be spending much time with folks I'm not really close with i.e. I'm gonna take the time and effort to meet up with a few of my closest friends, but other than that I'm pretty content to spend every available time with Sweetie. It's a little complicated, 'cause she's working but we'll make to with what we have. I've also got loads of bits and bobs to settle e.g. getting my visa, renewing my passport etc. Thankfully, my parents and sis will be coming over with me to England in a couple of weeks to attend my graduation ceremony, so I won't be feeling too guilty for not spending enough time with them.
Needless to say, I'm pretty much on cloud 9 at the moment. Everything's seemingly perfect and I'm going to enjoy these moments while they last. Will be having a proper anniversary celebration with Sweetie today, involving a nice lunch and Batman Begins, so the day's been mapped out. Tak sabar...








<< Home