Angel and Demon
I have to say that I've been leading a rather productive and efficient lifestyle these past few days. Basically, I've been going about my way, trying to complete my little checklist of 'Things To Do In Malaysia' as soon as possible so that I won't have to make any last-minute rush towards the end of my stay and spoil whatever quality time I'll have with Sweetie.
The downside is the fact that I tend to sleep rather little - I haven't slept before 1am so far, and haven't woken up after 630am. Tend to be pretty tired after a day of walking and queueing and sweating in buckets, but I guess it's a small price to pay 'cause I intend to maximise every spare minute I have over here in these next couple of weeks, so sleep can wait.
The lack of sleep manifested itself when I took a photo for my passport - my new passport will feature an image of me with rather reddish eyes, prompting Sweetie to comment that our theory of she being an angel and me being a demon seems to be correct (this theory had its origins back when I had a little red-eyed hamster. May his furry little soul rest in peace!).
After applying for the MyKad this morning, I was faced with the unenviable task of a few chores to do, which would've been hell since I don't have a car of my own. But after meeting Sweetie for lunch, she decided to hand her car keys over to me, and I've just driven back home where I hope to rest for a bit before picking her up from work in a couple of hours.
This act of hers is quite touching and made me wanna hug her tight, 'cause it shows a great amount of trust and confidence on her part, even though I'm sure she had her doubts. I can't say I'm the world's best driver in a manual car (heck, I'm probably one of the worst in USJ), and that's been a focus of criticism in the past that has made me rather pissed off at times. After all, the only reason I don't drive as well as some people do is 'cause my parents can't afford to get me a car for me to get regular practice. It's not as if I've got some inherent disability that makes the gears grind every so often. (Of course, I could be saying this to make myself feel better..Haha..).
Am gonna take a shower now (tend to take about 3-4 a day), after which I might read a couple of chapters of Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. It's supposed to be pretty good, and since I enjoyed the Da Vinci Code, I'm hoping he didn't go too far wrong with this one.








<< Home