Food, food, food!
It's been a day filled with gastronomic delights. In retrospect, I should've taken some pics and posted them online as some of the others seem fond of doing, but I've been too busy stuffing my face. And stuffed it well, I did!
After the rather early wakening, I found myself trying to keep busy with a few household chores. By mid-morning, I had gotten quite a bit done and was all dressed up for my big day with Sweetie. She picked me up, and after a good bit of walking around MegaMall, we went in for Batman Begins. The queues were horrendous, but Sweetie had decided to get us the Golden Class tix, which were priced similarly to a normal ticket back in the UK, but with a whole lot more luxury.
We quite enjoyed our experience in the cinema, and although a couple of my friends had warned me that the movie wasn't up to their expectations, I found myself disagreeing with them. The movie's a step back into the old days of comparatively dark interpretations of Batman with influence from Frank Miller's Batman : Year One, and I personally found the movie to be on par with Tim Burton's Batman. Also happen to believe that Christian Bale is a rather good actor who's probably the best Batman so far.
For our anniversary celebrations, we lunched at San Fran's, and although I had some of my fav items, I wasn't able to down it all. One of the best bits was receiving Sweetie's gift - a Guess watch which methinks is rather cool! Of course, I could be bias but who cares eh?
Having thought that I wouldn't be able to face dinner, I ended up being treated to a chinese meal by my uncle and family which probably had around 10 courses. Didn't really keep count, since I was too busy ignoring my usual table manners with each suck of a crab's leg or as I diligently separated the tiny bones from one of the fish heads. Can't say it was the best of experiences having to perform my duty of smiling and pretending to care about some of 'em, but the meal was definitely worth it!
After driving home, I talked to Sweetie for a bit again. Was (and still am) missing her terribly, although I'd seen her just a few hours earlier. I guess once you've gotten a taste, you can't help but yearn for more... it's Father's Day tomorrow, so I won't be able to spend much time with her. But we'll be meeting up for coffee for a bit, and that's better than nothing!








<< Home