Scotland
We arrived in Glasgow last night, immediately feasted upon a meal at The Lemon Tree. Ate my fill of chinese food (which only served to remind what I'd miss back home!) before proceeding to Oja's place, which I somehow managed to do without getting too lost.
Didn't drive as much today, since nobody else seemed particularly comfortable with navigating. Spent most of the morning and afternoon at the Livingston shopping centre, which was filled with various goodies. I've pretty much decided that shopping in the future should only be conducted at that particular location or others like it. I was quite tempted to buy a mackintosh and a suit, but the 3-figure prices were a bit of a deterrant. Naturally, you can't help but wait for work during moments like these. At the end, I got myself a shirt from The Gap for 3 quid, and something for Sweetie and Rina.
After being stuck indoors for the better part of the day, we took a ride around the sothern bits of Scotland,going through Forth Road Bridge, Stirling and Loch Lomond before getting back to Glasgow, where we took a few pics of the univ (which is a pretty amazing sight) and George's Square.
Shopping today wasn't too bad, 'cause for the most part, I was wandering about by myself. But I was constantly surprised, 'cause each time I'd go back to find my mum, I'd find her talking and making friends with someone new. And I'd end up having to make small talk as well. No harm done, I guess.
I quite enjoy chatting with the parents of my friends though. It's intriguing, looking back at the myriad of topics that we cover. And I think my mum's pretty pleased with my friends and quite enjoys chatting with them as well. In fact, she actually complained to Elly that I've been rather impatient. Which is true, come to think of it... haha...
Of course, my friends have been remarkably hospitable and friendly and helpful, so big hugs go out to Elly, Em, CT, Oja and Ellina. The little road trip wouldn't have been same without your help, and do remind me to get you all some chocs or something ya? As for tomorrow, we're off to Edinburgh to check out the history and catch up with Radzi. The poor fella's been bz entertaining numerous guests, but we've thought of an idea for the next couple of weeks which hopefully would prove to be helpful in getting our minds a little peace and quiet.








<< Home