Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Crap

These past few days were horrible, and a total waste of time. Why? 'Cause for the first time in ages, my immune system decided to let me down and I was pretty much bedridden due to a viral infection I contracted. It's only since this morning that I've been able to lift my head without groaning, and although the headache and fever's gone, I'm now having to put up with the stinging pain of an inflamed throat.

What's worse than feeling like a football after a La Liga match is the fact that precious time that could've been used to meet up with Sweetie has been wasted. I'd have whacked those pesky viruses myself if only they were huge enough. Plans to meet up with my old school buddies have had to be postponed as well. The good news is that I'll be meeting up with Sweetie tomorrow (whether I'm thoroughly cured or not) and hopefully we'll be able to make up for lost time.

Besides that, the phone's still dead (which also means I've lost all my contact numbers) and the GMC have yet to send me the email that was promised. So I'm in rather pissy mood. Sigh...

Saturday was great though. One of the disadvantages of living in M'sia is that you're unable to express your love for your significant other as you could do back in the UK i.e. there's a limit to our hugging and cheek-pecking. Which is kinda crap, since everytime I look at Sweetie I've got this overwhelming urge to take her in my arms and never let go.

Fortunately for us, we had the opportunity to lie in each other's arms and enjoy each other's company. I can think of nothing better than to just hold her close and think of nothing but the sweet scent of her hair. And to top it off, Sweetie and I had an amazing hi-tea buffet at PJ Hilton's Paya Serai , after which you'd be hard-pressed to find any difference between us and a beached whale.