Sakit Tekak!
As I was driving this afternoon, I caught a glimpse of my hands in the sunlight and realised that they were covered itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny yellow polka dots. Well, it was more like little red dots, and my first thought was 'What now?!!'. I've had my fair share of unfortunate events so far, and God knows I didn't want yet another ailment.
Luckily, I came to the rather benign conclusion that the rash was a side effect of the amoxycillin (a type of antibiotic) I was taking. The good news is that barring the tonsilitis, I'm doing pretty ok as long as I top up on my paracetamol and strepstils. The bad news is that every time I swallow, I feel like my throat's contracting against a shard of glass, and this isn't the best of conditions to have when my plan was to sample all the local delicacies I could get my hands on...
For this trip back home, there weren't many people I had wanted to meet. A mixture of time constraints and couldn't-be-arsedness. I've pretty much met all the Taiping friends that I planned to meet - namely Prav,JD,EM,Elaine and SP. It's always fun catching up and exchanging the latest news and gossip (especially the traditional SK's-a-bastard-talk). And of course there's the odd touch of politics and racial issues, which seemed a little strained this time round 'cause things at home haven't actually been improving.
Spent the evening today at the Institute of Engineers Malaysia. Met withSweetie's friends and I'll be helping her out with stuff tomorrow, as well as attending the IEM's dinner on Saturday night, where she'll be the MC. It's gonna be odd being the only non-engineer in the whole crowd, but I'm gonna maximise time with her so I'll try to pretend that I know a little about nuts and bolts.
Will be visiting Zareen's and Armijn's condo tomorrow night for dinner, and we're both looking forward to that. Hopefully, I'd have gotten by visa by then as well. Huda, it costs RM600 I think. Won't know for sure 'till tomorrow but that's what my friend told me and I can't think of any reason she'd want to lie! As for how long it takes, I think you get approval on the spot. And btw, you'll have to do it at the UK Visa Application office at the MCA Building in Ampang, and not at the embassy.








<< Home